01 December 2012 Bride De Force Howto & Style
Follow this step by step guide for planning your Wedding. Giving you hints and tips on each step you take - from when you get engaged, right up until the day before your Big Day.
WHERE ELSE TO FIND US:
Be sure to check out our WEDDING BLOG: http://bridedeforce.blogspot.com There's new content going up every single day!
You can also follow Fleur for BEAUTY bits and pieces:
Immediately after you are engaged:
- Choose what type of ceremony you would both like
- Decide on a date
- Set your budget (and start saving!)
- Visit potential venues and make provisional bookings if you like them.
- Choose who will be in your wedding party - best man, ushers, bridesmaids
- Start a wedding scrap book/planner -- See our favourites here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIEPPr0EtOg
6-12 Months before
- Make a detailed budget document (keep on track of all finances -- especially costs still to come).
- Confirm your ceremony/reception venues, caterer, florist, photographer (wedding planner if required) and entertainment.
- Decide on a theme/colours for the day.
- Order your wedding stationary (invites, order of service, menus, place cards, favour tags etc) check out our favourites here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R91EIvxTCYk
- Decide on your cake - costs and suppliers
- Compile a guest list
- Try on dresses (and get more excited!)
- Send out save the date cards - Check out our favourites here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdZ2XzsjP08
4-6 Months before
- Remind your groom to start looking for suits (as well as for the best man and ushers)
- Buy your wedding rings
- Choose your bridesmaids dresses & shoes
- Have your first dress fitting (remember to bring lingerie and shoes)
- Buy/make wedding favours
- Consider local accommodation for guests and provision rooms in your name for them to book.
- Research any rental equipment you may require -- chair covers, candelabras etc.
- Book hair and make up
- Book transport if required
- Plan and book your honeymoon (traditionally a job for the groom!)
- Start a schedule for the day (see our schedule video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbS0Qtkuzck )
2-4 Months before:
- Finalise your order of service -- including readings, music etc -- and send to printers
- Send out invites -- include guest list, directions and hotel accommodation details
- Stationary printed and delivered
- Buy a guest book
- Hair and Make up trials
- Book your first night hotel room.
1-2 months before
- Finalise your guest list (chase any non-replies)
- Confirm final numbers and all details to venue & caterer
- Marriage license delivered
- Final dress fitting and confirm collection date
- Stag and hen parties
2 weeks before
- Write out place cards
- (if required) Buy gifts for wedding party, family, helpers and write out personalized cards / thank yous to be given on the day.
- Meet with your photographer and give list of must have shots
- Send your schedule to all suppliers -- confirms timings, contacts etc.
- Work on your seating plan
1 week before:
- Final hair and make up practice
- 'Wear in' your wedding shoes
- Re confirm final numbers to caterer, venue etc
- Double-check all details (see schedule) as well as outfits, gifts etc.
- Confirm someone to return men's suits (if hired)
The Day before:
- Cake and flowers delivered to venue
- Decorate the venue
- Send luggage to hotel
- Relax, pamper and have fun with your bridesmaids!
Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored video.